Monday, April 8, 2013

There's power in the names of Jesus

Have you ever found yourself in one of those rare moments when you thought "this is so surreal", and the Holy Spirit was so thick in a place you never wanted to be removed from it?

That moment happened for me durimg worship at Shoreline yesterday.

As God used our pastor to acclaim one of the many names of  God...the Great I Am, the Spirit of God fell thick in the room, in the aisles, and at the alter. 

In the middle of such detailed worship plans, the Holy Spirit showed up, suprised us with a glimpse of God's glory, and came heavy as voices from around the room shouted the names of our Great I Am......who He had been to them in the past, present, and who He will be in the future.

Reedemer.
Comforter.
Mighty God.
The one on whom I can depend.
My fortress.
My Rock.
My Provider.
Sustainer,
The one who IS.
King.
Faithful One.
My peace.

When life's curveballs are thrown your way, to whom or what do you turn?

He's all of these things and more.

And Jesus Christ, the Giver of Life, is ready to reign down the glory of Himself on you this day.

Who is Jesus to you?

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup. You make my lot secure. Psalm 16

No comments:

Post a Comment